Monday, February 27, 2012

Author's Note

Disclaimer

I suppose I'm a little late in doing this, but I thought it would be best to put a disclaimer on here just in case there was a critic out there that wanted to turn up their nose at me...

This blog is for entertainment purposes only.  I am not a professional pastry chef, nor do I pretend to be; however, I do love baking, decorating, and food in general.  If you're looking for a 100% "from scratch" blog, this is the wrong place.  Most of the recipes on this blog are borrowed or variations of recipes already in existence.  I regularly use boxed cake mix (Duncan Hines, in case you were wondering) and borrow recipes for frosting from the Domino Confectioners Sugar box and the Hershey Cocoa Powder box.  I feel like as long as you're being creative, being 100% from scratch isn't all that necessary.  I mean, let's face it, hardly anyone is churning their own butter these days or making wheat into flour.  It's all relative.

I started posting in order to share my creative outlet and if you're checking out my posts, I hope that you find something worth re-creating on your own.  My goal is to make it possible for anyone reading  to be able to replicate what I've done. 

When it comes down to it, I'm all about presentation.  My goal is for everything that I make to taste good and look pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment